Buttock augmentation, or butt implants, involves the surgical insertion of artificial implants into the buttocks in order to enhance their size and shape. This surgery is frequently sought by women who are unhappy with the size of their buttocks. Some feel their buttocks lack shape, while others want to have a more sensuous backside by making them larger and rounder.
How it’s done?
An incision may be made in any one of the following places: where the cheek meets the back of the thigh, or down the buttock crease. The incision is usually made in the buttock crease, where scars are not noticeable. However, this area does carry a high infection risk.
The doctor then creates a pocket large enough to insert the butt implants. The implants can be placed either under the gluteus maximus muscle, or on top of the muscle. Sometimes, the doctor performs liposuction in order to further enhance the shape of the buttocks.
After performing the same procedure on the other buttock, the doctor makes sure the buttocks are symmetrical and look natural. Then he/she stitches up the incisions. Most likely, the anesthesia you receive will be general, although some doctors use a local anesthetic along with a sedative. Anesthesia type should be discussed with your doctor during the initial consultation.
What we offer?
At Nirunda Clinic, we usually perform this procedure under local anesthesia with sedative drug. So you will be sleeping during the surgery. We will make an incision into the mid line of you buttock that is about 5 cm in length, and make the pocket between the buttock muscle. Then we will insert the high cohesive gel inside the pocket, and close the pocket and skin by doubled sutures.
- Our team is always ready to help you prepare yourself for the procedure. It is an easy step to e-mail us your information. We will have our medical team evaluate your case if you are a good candidate to visit us in Thailand.
- To be safe for the operation, please inform us if there are any allergies or serious medical conditions. Also please inform us all medication that you are currently taking.
- Inform us your arrival dates, we will arrange the consultation appointment for you.
- Please contact us if you need any pick up on your arrival at the airport. We can help you reserve the hotel room and other arrangements if necessary.
- Consultation is without charges.
- There is no restriction diet. But healthy diet with less is much suggested.
- No smoking and drinking at least 5 days after the surgery.
- No showering until the follow up appointment or approved by our surgeon. - Baby wipe is suggested to keep your hygiene clean at all time.
- The patient may experience some side effect due to general anesthesia after the surgery, for example, nausea and drowsiness.
- The patient should be aware of pressuring the weight on the buttock area for the first month. Sleeping in prone position is a must for the first 2 weeks and as much as possible to 3 months. The patient is advised to sit on a ring pillow, it helps scatter the weight of the body on the buttock area.
- Patients should abstain from exercise for 3 months after the surgery. Walking and mild leisure is fine.