Many people in Bangkok seek treatment for acne vulgaris, one of the most frustrating experiences that we're sure everybody is familiar with. Acne, as it is commonly known, typically appears during puberty when oil glands are stimulated by estrogen, a male hormone found in both men and women. While oil is a natural substance that lubricates and protects our skin, an overproduction of oil can lead to a breakout. One of the many reasons people get acne is that our skin sometimes produces too much oil, which causes pores underneath the skin to become clogged. Built-up oil can quickly become a good source of food for bacteria that resides on our skin. Generally, this bacteria doesn’t cause any problems, except when an overproduction of oil allows them to grow and cause acne. There are various treatments available to help resolve acne in Bangkok, including extraction and laser treatments. The type of treatment that works best will depend on the type and severity of your acne.
- Blackheads (open comedones): Blackheads occur when a pore is clogged by a combination of sebum and dead skin cells. The top of the pore stays open, despite the rest of it being clogged. This results in the characteristic black color seen on the surface.
- Whiteheads (closed comedones): Whiteheads also form when a pore gets clogged by sebum and dead skin cells. But unlike with blackheads, the top of the pore also closes up. It looks like a small bump protruding from the skin. Whiteheads are more difficult to treat because the pores are already closed.
Pimples that are red and swollen are referred to as inflammatory acne. Although sebum and dead skin cells contribute to inflammatory acne, bacteria can also play a role in clogging up pores. Bacteria can cause an infection deep beneath the skin’s surface. This may result in painful acne spots that are hard to get rid of.
- Papules: Papules occur when the walls surrounding your pores break down from severe inflammation. This results in hard, clogged pores that are tender to the touch. The skin around these pores is usually pink.
- Pustules: Pustules can also form when the walls around your pores break down. Unlike papules, pustules are filled with pus. These bumps come out from the skin and are usually red in color. They often have yellow or white heads on top.
- Nodules: Nodules occur when clogged, swollen pores endure further irritation and grow larger. Unlike pustules and papules, nodules are deeper underneath the skin. Because nodules are so deep within the skin, you can’t typically treat them at home. Prescription medication is necessary to help clear these up.
- Cysts: Cysts can develop when pores are clogged by a combination of bacteria, sebum, and dead skin cells. The clogs occur deep within the skin and are further below the surface than nodules. These large red or white bumps are often painful to the touch. Cysts are the largest form of acne, and their formation usually results from a severe infection. This type of acne is also the most likely to scar.
Acne Vulgaris Treatment in Bangkok
Anyone can get acne vulgaris, as acne is also known, but the severity depends on a variety of internal and external factors. Since acne is so common, many people are not sure when they should seek treatment at a clinic. The best answer we can give is to seek treatment when your acne is uncontrollable or causes mental distress that disrupts personal activities. If you experience extreme acne it may be time to seek professional acne extraction or laser treatment services. Bangkok residents can visit Nirunda Clinic for a variety of acne treatments provided by board-certified dermatologists, including:
- Medicine and topical cream prescribed by our dermatologist.
- Acne injections – this approach uses cortisone to make inflammatory pimples and cysts flatten out faster.
- Acne laser treatments – ISOLAZ and Lux-V lasers are considered one of the safest and most effective ways to cure acne.
- Chemical peels – this is an optional treatment that helps boost the end result of other treatments, so dermatologists usually recommend it paired with other treatments.
- Blue light therapy – this helps reduce the appearance of inflamed acne by killing the bacteria causing the irritation.
Acne Laser Treatment
Are you considering laser treatments in Bangkok for acne? Acne laser treatment focuses laser light on the top layers of skin to break down scar tissue and provide a smoother appearance to your skin. The light also stimulates the growth of healthy skin cells to replace the scar tissue.
There are different acne laser treatments available. Our specialist will be able to recommend which one is right for you.
A collagen remodeling acne laser treatment improves the functioning capabilities of the skin by penetrating its sebaceous layer. This stimulates collagen production and helps to reduce the depth of the acne blemishes.
Low level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is more suitable for those with inflammatory acne. The blue-light rays help destroy bacteria, while the red-light rays help heal wounds, improve skin cell function, and stimulate the growth of collagen.
Acne laser treatment doesn’t completely remove acne scars, but it can make them less visible and can also minimize any pain caused by them.
People with darker skin tones, very wrinkled skin, or active acne may not be good candidates for acne laser treatment. With several different laser treatments available, the dermatologists at Nirunda Clinic can tell you if you’re a good candidate for laser treatment for your acne scars.
If cystic acne becomes too painful and interferes with your daily life, a procedure called acne extraction can provide relief.
Acne extraction is offered at Nirunda Clinic in Bangkok. Acne extraction is a medical procedure that clears the pores of the comedones that have formed in the skin with the help of sterile tools. The extraction helps the acne heal faster and helps prevent new breakouts from forming. In some cases where a comedone has caused a pustule or papule to form, removing the plug reduces the size of the bump on your skin and helps reduce the skin inflammation.
Acne extraction is an effective way to treat breakouts and also serves as a preventative measure. It helps to keep the breakout areas under control and can be combined with other treatments to provide faster improvements to affected areas.
Our specialists use magnification during the acne extraction session to see your clogged pores more clearly and clean them thoroughly. They may also use treatment solutions to loosen the comedones prior to the extraction process. This simplifies the extraction process and can minimize any bruising.
You can avoid bad breakouts and recurring cases of acne by looking after your skin and living a healthy lifestyle. Reducing your consumption of sugar, flour, milk, salty food, sweets, and deep-fried food can help improve your skin.
Being more careful of the creams you apply to your skin and the drugs you take can help ease acne inflammations. Avoid taking any drugs containing steroids as they can induce acne and lead to increased pore blockages. Avoid using sunscreens and moisturizers when you’re experiencing acne inflammation. Sunscreens with a high SPF factor are more likely to block your pores. The use of steroids in drugs and creams you apply to your skin can also cause acne breakouts.
Try to avoid squeezing and picking whiteheads and blackheads. Your fingers can introduce more bacteria to the affected areas. Picking blemishes also leads to atrophic scarring.
To learn more about acne prevention and the variety of acne treatments available at Nirunda Clinic in Bangkok, make an appointment with one of our skilled specialists today.
Be the first to leave a review.
This review has no replies yet.