The carbon dioxide (CO2) laser is an ablative versatile tool with 10,600 nm wavelength that widely used to remove various types of skin lesions such as skin tags, lentigines or moles. Over the past decade, advances in laser technology have allowed dermatologists to improve the appearance of scars and wrinkles and to remove benign skin growths using both ablative and non-ablative lasers. CO2 laser treatment ensures minimal discomfort and rapid recovery, enabling a quick return to daily routine.
Before going under the procedure of removing unwished parts of your skin, therapist will be applying a numb cream on the area you wish to remove depending on the size of the lesion. We will then leave the cream on for 30 – 45 minutes to make your skin pain-free from the CO2 laser. Treatment duration will vary from 5 – 30 minutes, depending on the area treated. Only one single treatment is required, except for some deeper skin lesions such as syringomas, deep moles, sebaceous gland hyperplasia, which may require 2-3 treatments.
- The treated area should remain dry for at least 24 hours after the treatment
- Apply prescribed anti-biotic ointment twice a day on the treated area
- For skin lesions on the face, patient may resume their daily make up after one week
- Please note that skin lesions on neck and body heal 2 times slower than those on face, and some side effect like hyper-pigmentation may appear but will resolve over time
- Sunscreen is strongly recommended